Town of Oxbow Public Works
Annual Waterworks Review
ANNUAL WATER AND SEWER INFORMATION
Town of Oxbow
Water and Sewer Rate Policy
On March 14, 2011 Council passed Bylaw #1008 fixing the charges for the use and consumption of water and to fix the rates for use of the sewer. The objective of Bylaw #1008 is to generate revenues from the town water and sewer system that matches the cost of operating and maintaining the system as much as possible. Water and sewer accounts are rendered quarterly and meter readings are rounded to the nearest thousand gallons.
Quarterly rates for the user of water are as follows:
• $25.00 for the first 6,000 gallons
• $5.00 per thousand gallons for the next 69,000 gallons
• $15.00 per thousand gallons for the next 37,000 gallons
• $25.00 per thousand gallons thereafter.
Unmetered water sold from the town’s tap or hydrant:
• $.20 per gallon with a minimum charge of $10.00.
Quarterly rates for the use of the sewer are as follows:
• $25.00 where the consumption of water does not exceed 22,000 gallons
• $.70 per thousand gallons of water in excess of 22,000 gallons.
Water and Sewer Capital Investment
Residential and commercial growth of Oxbow requires the town to continually expand the water and sewer system. Upgrades to the water treatment plant will be made in 2013 and a new well to replace the well lost in the 2011 floods will be on stream late 2013/early 2014.
2013 Annual Water and Sewer Financial Overview
|REVENUES TO EXPENDITURES PLUS DEBT PAYMENT RATIO||$0.47|
Additional Information Available at the Municipal Office
• Current water and sewer rate policy and capital investment strategy
• Capital plans in place and related sources of funding
• Current financial overview
• Statement of reserves
• Current water and sewer assessment
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Oxbow
August 12, 2013