New Horizons for Seniors Program
Posted on Wednesday May 29, 2013 at 01:31PM
We are now accepting applications. Community-based projects under the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) that enable seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experiences with others and help communities increase their capacity to address local issues are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per year, per organization. Projects must address one or more the program's five objectives:
1. Promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations.
2. Engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others.
3. Expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse.
4. Supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
5. Providing capital assistance for new and existing communit projects and/or programs for seniors
Deadline for all of Canada, except Quebec: July 5, 2013 (Postmarked). Applicants are encouraged to work with other partners in their community to identify local needs and to design projects that respond to these needs. In order to be eligible, project activities must be led by seniors, or seniors must play a meaningful role in the project (planning and/or delivery).
For more information, please check out the following website:
If you would like to receive a complete application kit, interested in holding an information session or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me.
Senior Development Officer-Client Services and Program Delivery Branch, 4th Floor, 1783 Hamilton Street, Regina, SK S4P 2B6
PH: 306-564-5419 or Email: email@example.com
Author: Town of Oxbow