Town of Oxbow Permits
Please note that building and development permits from the Town of Oxbow are MANDATORY in ANY of the following cases:
• Where there is a structural change to the building;
• Where there are electrical changes;
• Where the structure will be attached to the ground;
• Where the structure will be greater than 100 square feet;
• Where the structure will be greater than $5,000 in value;
• For all demolitions.
This includes, but is not limited to decks, sheds, garages, additions, and renovations. It is in the homeowner’s best interest to receive a building / development permit to ensure insurance coverage on your policy. Your insurance policy may be void if the proper permits have not been received.
Permit Process Summary
1. First stop is the Town Office to complete their forms requesting a permit.
2. The Town then conditionally approves permit based on their zoning bylaws.
3. The Town then sends PBI the required information.
4. A plan review is done by PBI at which time one set of approved drawings are returned to the Town along with an inspection report.
5. The builder calls for inspections as the project progresses. (Foundations, Framing, Final, Re-inspection)
6. After each inspection is done, a written report showing any deficiencies is sent to the town and a copy is left on the site for the builder.
7. Once project is complete and deficiencies clearing up, the permit is closed.
ALL FEES MUST BE PAID BEFORE PERMIT IS CLOSED.
Demolition or Moving Permits
To demolish a building or to have it moved, please fill out the following document and submit to the Town Office for approval.
Dogs and Cats
Dogs are to be on a leash when not on your property. You are responsible for cleaning up dog/cat feces on other property besides your own. If your dog/cat is found running at large, it will be put in the pound and all costs and charges are the responsibility of the owner.
If your dog/cat does get picked up by the Town, the costs are as follows:
1st offence = $75, 2nd offence and thereafter = $175